The Online Assessment designed as a self-assessment tool is addressed to the children in care to evaluate their knowledge on 9 Pillars for Autonomous Living:
- Community participation and interpersonal relationships
- Communication and cultural awareness
- Career and Employment
- Financial and money management skills
- Self-determination, autonomy skills and teenagers’ development
- Bureaucracy, legislation and networking
Nonetheless, it is recommended for a Leaving Care Professional to be present and support the child in care when undertaking the Online self-assessment.
The Offline Assessment is a toolkit for mentors for further evaluation of the child’s knowledge and skills across the same 9 pillars. The Leaving Care Professional, supported by the results of the online assessment can selectively focus on certain needs and challenges faced by each child for more in depth evaluation.